general correction patch

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Sat Sep 3 17:54:25 UTC 2005

Peter,

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 06:40:19PM +0200, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> Hello!
>
> The attached patch:
> 1. moves the unused header removal (depending on the chosen options) from
> install_dev to headers (so we are sure that not even the build system uses
> them and corrects files so that they won't include these either (problem
> remaining are libc/stdio/*vprintf.c and scanf.c if the
> UCLIBC_HAS_GLIBC_CUSTOM_PRINTF option is not selected, because they use
> printf.h (and PA_*). For now don't disable the mentioned option (unless
> mjn3 corrects the relevant files)

Don't really see why this is necessary at this point, but ok.  I can see
us having to have seperate build and install headers for the move to
hidden symbols within the lib though.  As far as printf.h, I'll need to
think about it.  I really don't want to duplicate the contents in
another hidden header.

> The OLD_VFPRINTF option uses the printf.h file too (although probably
> obsolete, because WCHAR is probably everywhere enabled), so the removal

Don't assume this.  You are approaching things from a desktop mentality.
There are people using uClinux on very low resource boxes who might chose
the old printf and no wchar support to save some space.

Manuel