Buildroot BUG

Steven J. Hill sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Fri Sep 2 00:23:22 UTC 2005

IGOR LURI wrote:

> I have an Icecube (powerpc 5200) evaluation board and I have built
> buildroot with different versions of GCC, 3.3.6, 3.4.3, 3.4.4 and 4.0.0,
> and with thouse versions I can´t link properly u-boot, it seems that GCC
> doesn´t understand linker scripts well. The following lines shows a few
> linker scripts sections:

This is not a buildroot problem. This problem has already been discussed
on the binutils list. Go read about it here:

    http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2005-08/msg00412.html

Second, don't ever post that huge and long disclaimer to this list
again or I'll ask to have your messages rejected. Disclaimers are NOT
welcome on Open Source mailing lists. Thanks for your understanding.

-Steve