New build infrastructure in svn

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Thu Oct 27 10:44:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 08:05:57 +0200, Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > There are only vax-specific patches applied; the new Makefile.in is
> > basically a copy of the ARM port's Makefile.in, but I don't think this
> > is related, since this is happening in the libcrypt part. The Makefile
> > seems to be correctly linked:
>
> if you have proper crt1.S/crti.S/crtn.S files, then the arch specific
> stuff should work by copying and adapting *SRC and *DIR/OUT. Please keep
> though the name of ARCH_OBJS for all objects, else duplicates won't be
> removed properly.

Hmm. Right now, the crt*.S files are not listed in SSRC, that's the
same with the ARM port. If I add them there, the object files are
generated upon "make -f Makefile.in", but they're not copied at "make
-f Makefile.in install" time.

> The same applies to libc/string/arch-specific dir if you have any,
> STRING_ARCH_OBJS should cover all objects.

That's all generic for now :)

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw at lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O