Next Xorg build issue: cannot find xkbdfile

David Smoot davidsmoot at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 15:57:01 UTC 2005

This is not a buildroot problem but apparently an Xorg problem.  I got
much further in the compile process but now xorg is complaining about
not finding a file:
Quoted error message:
cc -I../../../exports/include -o xkbcomp  xkbcomp.o xkbscan.o expr.o
vmod.o indicators.o misc.o alias.o             keymap.o keycodes.o
keytypes.o compat.o action.o                symbols.o geometry.o
xkbpath.o listing.o           xkbparse.o parseutils.o utils.o
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lxkbfile -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lxkbfile
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Now the director it wants is there:
buildroot/build_i686/xc/lib/xkbfile

I could manually go in there and hack in a link so it can find the
directory but what is the "right" way to do it?  Or am I
misunderstanding the problem?
Thanks again,
David