compile error in buildroot e2fsprogs

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Mon Oct 3 19:26:52 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 12:10 -0700, Joseph M Dupre (AVAB Inc.) wrote:
> I get the following errors when I add e2fsprogs to my buildroot
> configuration:
>
> filefrag.c: In function 'frag_report':
> filefrag.c:72: error: storage size of 'fileinfo' isn't known
> filefrag.c:104: error: 'O_LARGEFILE' undeclared (first use in this
> function
> filefrag.c:104: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
> once
> filefrag.c:104: error: for each function it appears in.)
>
> This compile time error happens with todays (20051003) snapshot of
> buildroot (using e2fsprogs-1.38) and the 20050817 snapshot (using
> e2fsprogs-1.37).
>
> In both instances I am using the latest "released" version of uClibc,
> not the current SVN, and the latest available kernel headers
> (2.6.12).
>
> I tried enabling largefile support in buildroot menuconfig, but that
> made no difference.
>
> Anyone seen this before?

Yes, I just had the same problem. e2fsprogs doesn't have the configure
switch they are trying to use (--disable-largefile) or at least from my
memory that was the problem I had, since I was just playing around I
think i rebuilt WITH largefile, but it still dies. Cramfs has an error.
There was a long discussion about it I found at
http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-hackers/2004-December/003018.html

I haven't found a solution for either, and actually haven't reported it
yet as I didn't have any good information for anyone. Perhaps a bug
report at bugs.uclibc.org is in order...

--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions, Inc