Building with Uclibc

Rory Vieira rory.vieira at coolview.nl
Wed Nov 30 10:33:50 UTC 2005

Hi guys,

I'd like to utilize Uclibc for my boot cd.

Is there any manual around explaining how to build Uclibc plus gcc by hand?
I've been looking at buildroot, but only need a extremly small subset of...

So far I have compiled and installed Uclibc to my likings.
Now I need gcc/binutils to finish the job and be able to compile the
remaining
stuff (busybox & bash)

I've come to the part where I downloaded gcc/binutils and extracted them,
but have no idea how to 'configure' or make them using the Uclibc libraries.
PS This is probably all the knowledge I need.
I'f I'm able to 'configure & make' gcc using Uclibc, I cant see why I
wouldn't be able to compile other sources...

I hope I'm explaining my need as clear as possible...
Thanks for any help though.
Cheers,
Rory Vieira