[buildroot] mpg123 compilation failed

Erik L. Smith eeman at bluegrass.net
Tue Nov 29 17:45:35 UTC 2005

The problem is mpg123 doesn't use a configure script and all of its
platform specific flags get set inside the makefile including
RE-defining CC=. I altered my mpg123.mk file to define the OBJECTS and
CFLAGS and CC and skipped to the next heading mpg123-make instead of
'make'.

$(MPG123_WORKDIR)/mpg123:       $(MPG123_DIR)/.unpacked
        rm -f $@
        OBJECTS='decode_i386.o dct64_i386.o decode_i586.o \
                audio_oss.o term.o' \
        CFLAGS='-DI386_ASSEM -DPENTIUM_OPT -DREAL_IS_FLOAT -DLINUX \
                -DREAD_MMAP -DOSS -DTERM_CONTROL\
                -Wall -O2 -m486 \
                -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-all-loops \
                -finline-functions -ffast-math' \
        CC=$(TARGET_CC) $(MAKE) -C $(MPG123_WORKDIR) mpg123-make

Just read through the Makefile and and determine what OBJECTS and CFLAGS
apply to your specific platform and this should work for you.

Erik Smith
Network Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer
Bluegrass.Net