uClibc 0.9.19 with gcc 3.2.2

Rob uclibc at paypc.com
Mon Nov 21 03:38:50 UTC 2005

> Maybe they should be chased up about not making the source to uClibc
> v0.9.19 available on their website as well. This can only be done by the
> copyright holder.

I'm not sure you need to even bother with all of this.  You can leave 0.9.19
shared libs on the unit for those proprietary bits linked against it, and then
statically link the new binaries you want to place on the unit.

Alternatively, you can build your new binaries against a new subversion of the
shared libs so that your new binaries attach to the new-and-improved libs,
while the proprietary binaries use the old/skanky ones.

> If I can figure out how to upgrade the flash on the box I might try to
> upgrade the lot but it could be tough on the proprietry bits that are
> included in the image. Still if I break it, its only $80 and a good
> learning experience.

Does the flash have a "restore" hot-switch that resurrects its contents from a
ROM?  Is the flash part socketed or otherwise field-accessible?  You could use
a n EPROM burner to do that (naturally, you need to make an image backup of it
first.)

=R=