begin using attribute_hidden

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Mon Nov 7 10:21:03 UTC 2005

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> [...]

seen it, thx

> > Jocke, should libc/string/powerpc/string.c bzero not be
> > changed to this
> > too (the others are already done)? Why a weak_alias here?
>
> hmm, that looks like a mistake. I think I just copied this from
> somewhere.
> I wounder though why it was a weak alias from wherever I copied it from.
> Does glibc define these functions as weak aliases or is this just some
> strange leftover
> from early days?

glibc's comment on __bzero (string.h)
We define this function always since 'bzero' is sometimes needed when the
namespace rules does not allow this (bzero is ifdef'd by __USE_BSD, but
__bzero not)
glibc has it everywhere as weak_alias.

Could this __bzero/bzero from powerpc not being used generally maybe as
replacement of the one in libc/string?

Peter