libc/string versions and MSRC files

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Mon Nov 7 09:32:35 UTC 2005

Well, I didn't look at WCHAR when I wrote the PowerPC optimized
memXXX functions, so I guess these don't support WCHAR.

Had a quick look at WCHAR support and it looks like the only thing
one has to do for the PowerPC functions is to multiply size_t with
sizeof(wchar_t) to make them support wchar. Would be great if someone
that
knows WCHAR could confirm that.

> I want to start splitting up MSRC files into their components to
> facilitate IMA compiling. The problem w/ these files is that
> all the -DL_x
> have to be defined at once and where overlapping is present (mostly
> cases if defined -DL_x1 || defined -DL_x2) or as in
> libc/string/arch/Makefile.arch and libc/string/Makefile.in
> where the same
> -DL_x names are used on different files, but we only need only one of
> these versions, it can't be used.

You might want to add __ versions of these functions that are hidden(see
PowerPC). The
__ functions are for internal libc use. This will reduce relocs inside
libc and will make libc
smaller and faster.