svn commit: trunk/uClibc/libc/misc/internals

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Tue Nov 1 13:14:52 UTC 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 07:07:26PM +0100, Peter Mazinger wrote:
> > > Log:
> > > produce a .os instead of .oS
> >
> > This change is wrong, it has to be .oS (.oS is meant for libc.so only and
> > built w/ -DSHARED).
>
> does that mean we're going to finally produce .a libraries correctly ?  does
> the new build system create .o and .os ?  seems like it only generates .os ...
> -mike

That is because DOPIC is enabled, then we do not need .o (because the
option means you want lib*.a as PIC too).

If you disable DOPIC (and Rules.mak should now remove adding PICFLAG,
will correct this soon), then .o will be built w/o PIC, .os w/ PIC (.oS
is a subcase of .os, where we add -DSHARED and the resulting object is
exclusively used in lib*.so)

Peter