[uClibc] How to run depmod for target?

Stephan Henningsen sth at amplex.dk
Tue May 31 13:16:35 UTC 2005

How am I supposed to compile hotplug?  It depends on
sadfsaf/lib/modules/modules.usbmap.  This file is created by depmod,
but depmod won't work on the modules, if they are for another target
arch than the host, where depmod is run from.

I've found a busybox with depmod, so I've got depmod on my target.  It
creates modules.dep but not modules.usbmap.  Anyway, it would be quite
a mess first to build the target system, boot it, run depmod, have it
generate modules.usbmap, copy that back on the host, rebuild with
hotplug, and reinstall target ...

What to do?

--
Stephan Henningsen