[uClibc] Porting to a new arch (New FPU)

Kenneth Crudup kenny at panix.com
Thu May 26 21:42:29 UTC 2005

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Erik Andersen wrote:

> Using daily snapshots for building a product is pretty much
> guaranteed to cause you grief at some point.  If you must use
> something newer than 0.9.27

Perhaps I'm *really* confused, but doesn't the webpage for "buildroot"
tell you to use SVN? Is there a way to get the whole shebang (toolchain,
and rootfs) other than that? IIRC, getting the uClibc-0.9.27 file only
builds the "libraries" part using your own cross-compiler.

> For other uses, changing the defaults to match you usage is a
> pretty good idea.

Yeah, I have to do that for my environment and always turn off
"daily snapshot" (with rare exceptions, like the "moving tar archive"
problem that's really not y'all's fault), but I guess I figure that
having it on causes the *initial* guy's problem (which is why I posted
this in the first place, despite it sounding like it affected me
directly).

And yes, I do tend to trust what you guys put out. It's good stuff! In
the development I've got going, any library failures tend to explode very
near "Freeing Init Memory" from the kernel, so it's a quick QA.

	-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup  Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809      (888) 454-8181