[uClibc] missing pthread functions

Steven J. Hill sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Sat May 14 18:31:18 UTC 2005

Davide wrote:

> I'm trying hard to build a linux-based htpc using uclibc.
> I cannot compile vdr development version:
> ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.3.24.tar.bz2
> due to two missing pthread functions.
> Here is the compiler output:
> thread.c: In member function `bool cRwLock::Lock(bool, int)':
> thread.c:157: error: `pthread_rwlock_timedwrlock' undeclared (first use this
> function)
> thread.c:157: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
> each function it appears in.)
> thread.c:159: error: `pthread_rwlock_timedrdlock' undeclared (first use this
> function)
> make: *** [thread.o] Error 1

Hello Davide.

Those thread functions are only defined for NPTL which is the Native
Posix Thread Library which is the new thread implementation for Linux
and glibc. I am working on bring NPTL to uClibc, but it will not be
ready for a couple of months. Until then, I am afraid that you will
not be able to compile your application against uClibc. Cheers.

-Steve