[uClibc] nios2, basic question

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Fri May 13 08:17:36 UTC 2005

Hi, me again.

I want to have a go at integrating nios2 support in buildroot since
we're in a feasibility study for it anyway.

I finally found the sources that I can use (3.4.1/2.15) and would like
to use the Altera sources proviced with the NIOS 2 Linux CD to start
from.

From the scattered information available [1] the Altera provided version
of the NIOS2 gcc compiler is used by a number of ppl to compile
uclibc. And the next point, I would like to get straight:

Even then, we still need a gcc crosscompiler compiled for NIOS2 _and_
the configured and compiled uclibc libraries?

Anyway, that's the way I've always understood the chain and have been
using it for non-nios embedded platforms...

[1] I might be looking in all the wrong places

--
  greetz, marc
That's OK, it's just a burden always being right.