[uClibc] buildroot improvement questions

David Bachelart d.bachelart at ateme.net
Fri Mar 25 07:44:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 05:01:15PM -0500, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> The `make CONF=myconfig` option is the best, as it would prevent any
> potential for a config name being mistaken as an actual make target. For
> instance, if I have a section in a .mk file labeled
> "i686-something-silly" and I have a config file named
> "i686-something-silly", I will no doubt run into an issue with the wrong
> thing happening. Probably (hopefully) unlikely, but better to prevent an
> issue than fix an issue. (see: Buffer Overflows)

It would be a very curious idea to have a target somethnig_defconfig in
a package makefile...

I think something_defconfig should remain a real target : suppose you
update your buildroot, and you have new entries in the buildroot
configuration menu. « make something_defconfig » uses a old config file
to build a config file which is adapted to the buildroot you intend to
build.

--
David Bachelart

Ateme