[uClibc] [RFC] don't use atexit() for FINI processing in ldso.

Joakim Tjernlund Joakim.Tjernlund at lumentis.se
Mon Mar 21 00:16:53 UTC 2005

> Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > As discussed on IRC yesterday, here is a patch(PPC only) to remove
> > atexit() from ldso. This should make Valgind happier since there won't
> > be any malloc()s that Valgind won't see.
> >
> > The proposed solution changes ABI and all apps needs to be relinked.
> >

> I'm very interested to see that someone has valgrind working on ppc. Is
> this an embedded system (8xx?). If so I'd appreciate some pointers on
> how to get it to work!

Sorry but I don't have Valgrind working. The statement above is from what Erik has
told me. I did try once to get it runing on my 8xx, but didn't get any further than you :(

I have just checked in the above mentioned support for x86, but you have
to define _DL_DO_FINI_IN_LIBC globally to use it.

I am holding off the PPC support pending a minor investigation for a little while.

> I have valgrind-2.1.0-ppc cross compiling OK but I'm a bit stumped on
> how to preload libraries etc to get it to do anything useful!!

That sounds like a general Valgrind question that you should ask the Valgrind
developers.

 Jocke