[uClibc] on using uclibc legally

Xuehua Chen xuehua at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 20:54:04 UTC 2005

I have a queston about static linking my program to uclibc. I found
the following from your website.

 "If you distribute an application which has uClibc statically linked,
you must also make your application available as an object file which
can later be re-linked against updated versions of uClibc. This will
(in theory) allow your customers to apply uClibc bug fixes to your
application. You do not need to make the application object file
available to everyone, just to those you gave the fully linked
application."

So is this the only requirement to link the uclibc statically? I want
to create an package  with my obj file, a statically linked program,
and a README stating that linking the obj with uclibc comes with the
program. Is this legal?

You guys did an excellent job. I compiled some codes and compared the
size with the ones compiled with glibc and found big differences in
sizes.

Thanks.