[uClibc] RE: [uClibc-cvs] svn commit: trunk/uClibc/ldso/ldso: arm cris i386 m68k mips powerpc sh sh64 etc...

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se
Tue Mar 15 09:48:14 UTC 2005

> > > I can confirm that at least mips and x86 are broken...
> > [SNIP]
> >
> > x86, MIPS and PPC should be OK now. No reports on the other
> > arches CRIS, ARM, SPARC, M68K, SH and SH64 (Hint hint :)
> >
> The SH changes look ok, but I have not had a chance to test them yet.

Good.

> The SH64 changes look completely broken, these changes don't even use the
> right ISA, there's no way for this to even pretend to work. Forcing it
> into SHcompact for the inline assembly bits would work in theory, but
> would be so slow it wouldn't be worth the effort.

yes, I had problems to identify relevant parts from glibc and it shows :(

> It would be nice if these sort of changes would be posted to the list or
> CC'ed to concerned parties before going in so there is some time to
> review the changes and post feedback _before_ changes are applied
> (reading this stuff on uClibc-cvs first is really irritating,
> particularly when a change is obviously broken).

yeah, I should have mailed the list first in this case, sorry. Regarding mailing the
"concerned parties" it is easier said than done. I am not aware of any file/list that
names "concerned parties" for uClibc. I think that the uClibc ml will have to do.

> I'll try to take a look at these and get them fixed up in the next week
> or so, once I am able to do builds again..

Good, thanks