[uClibc] crosscompiling uclibc with gcc-2.95 for powerpc

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu Mar 3 15:06:50 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Wojciech Kromer wrote:

> i have:

> cancel.c: In function `pthread_setcancelstate':
> cancel.c:42: Internal compiler error:
> cancel.c:42: GOT/TOC register marker not removed:
> (set (reg/v:SI 9 r9)
>     (reg/v:SI 2 r2))
>

> any hints?

 Usually, anything specific in the error report for an internal compiler
error needs to be treated with great caution - the compiler did
something wrong, and it happened to be at this line when it realised it
had failed.  Sometimes it will work if you retry, others it won't.

 For underlying causes, look at overheating, bad memory, or even
insufficient cpu voltage (I've seen that on a 7455 when moving from
gcc-3.3.2 to 3.3.3).

Ken