[uClibc] gcc 3.4 performance

Wojciech Kromer wojciech.kromer at dgt.com.pl
Wed Mar 2 14:00:53 UTC 2005

comment:
hi there anyone compared performance of binaries compiled with 3.4.3 and
3.2.2

i have mpc850 running at 50Mhz,
compiled with 3.2.2 i can run 4 instances of my application on target

while compiled with 3.4.3, one instance consumes 100% of CPU,
i've tried -02 and -03 , no changes

one shuuld say, to stay with 3.2.2, but i need newer kernel,
an have some strange results

-old (2.4.2-denx) kernel works with old binaries
-newer (2.4.25-denx) kernel can't even start old init binary
 (no init found....)
so i've recompiled whole stuff, but it's larger and slower,

wish:
my wish is to: compile gcc-2.95 with latest uClibc toolchain

questionn:
any idea how to do it? it does not work in current version,
there is a bad patch (described by Peng Sun two days ago)