[uClibc] Implement __libc_stack_end in uClibc?

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se
Mon Jun 27 13:42:22 UTC 2005

> On Sunday 26 June 2005 12:50 pm, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > How to make only libc.a contain __libc_stack_end and not libc.so?
>
> that is a tricky fish ...
>
> how about after the final ar for libc.a, you cp libc.a to like
> libc_so_input.a, run $(AR) r libc.a <libc stack end thingy>.o, and then when
> you create libc.so, use the libc_so_input.a archive ...
>
> if in the future we need to do this with more than the libc stack end, we can
> start generating a sep obj list
> -mike

I got the impression that uClibc rebuilds the libc archive when generating the shared version.
Maybe its possible to add an extra C file to the static build only?

Need to check this more, but currently have very little time. Once the build issuess are sorted it
will be very fast to impl __libc_stack_end.

 Jocke