[uClibc] buildroot

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Jun 23 14:34:21 UTC 2005

On Jun 23, 2005, at 4:16 AM, jose rubio wrote:

> Hi All,
>    I am trying to have buildroot stop trying to get
> the 2.4.29-erik kernel and use my 2.6.12 kernel which
> I placed under build_mipsel/linux-2.6.12
> I have searched all files for the http address that it
> is getting the kernel in hopes to disable it but I
> cannot find any file with that URL in it. Now I was
> able to successfully compile a toolchain and then used
> it to compile the linux-mips (cvs tip) kernel. I then
> took the vmlinux binary and put it in the buildroot/
> dir in hopes that it would see the linux binary and
> not try to get the  2.4.x kernel. I did that because
> out of "make -d" I got this message

The only place I've seen that kernel was for his own target board which
is in the Soekris board. I would look at how that is built to figure
out how to add a linux config to your build root process.

You can also look at bugs.buildroot.org for a patch I submitted that
adds support for another target, use it to make one for your board.

--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions

T 250.385.4613