[uClibc] uClibc++ - Help with wide character support

Garrett Kajmowicz gkajmowi at tbaytel.net
Wed Jun 22 09:35:50 UTC 2005

I'm currently trying to implement wide character support for uClibc++.  I'm
using fgetwc to do the reading conversion.  Unfortunately, the moment that I
try reading in an actual Unicode character I get back WEOF and an error of
EILSEQ: The data obtained from the input stream does not form a valid
character.  I've tested the input with kedit and it is a valid UTF8 stream.

What would cause this problem?  Better yet, how would I go about fixing it?
Thanks.

-      Garrett