[uClibc] Observation: uclibc snapshot won't build against gcc-3.4.4for ppc

Joakim Tjernlund Joakim.Tjernlund at lumentis.se
Sun Jun 19 11:54:56 UTC 2005

> Hi Folks,
>
> Building for ppc.
>
> Using buildroot-snapshot, apps built w/ gcc-3.4.4 (including ldd) won't
> build against uclibc due to a reference in libgcc to __libc_stack_end.  I
> found the code that references it in the config/rs6000 stuff.
>
> I'm not quite sure what would happen if I removed it.

Is it only powerpc that needs this symbol?

It appears that MIPS needs it too for NPTL and I guess that most/all archs will need
it.

I think that __libc_stack_end needs to be impl. in uclibc, the NPTL
http://uclibc.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/branches/uClibc-nptl/ldso/ldso/dl-startup.c?rev=10461&view=auto
branch already have it.

 Jocke