[uClibc] [resolved] strip parameters

Nico Schottelius nico-uclibc at schottelius.org
Tue Jun 14 08:55:53 UTC 2005

Hello again,

I didn't ask on the binutils list, though I found the solution to
my question: Use objdump to analyze the sections you have.
Guess which ones are not needed, remove them, execute your program, watch
if it segfaults or similar.

I used this line for testing:

   objdump -x your_binary_file | less

Very simple but it helps to save some KiB (my init-replacement
shrinked from 71206 Bytes to 50856 using
strip -R .comment -R .note.ABI-tag sbin/cinit).

I don't know how much this is of interest for uClibc development
(don't know what or if one may remove), I simply hope to share
some knowledge found.

Greetings,

Nico

--
Keep it simple & stupid, use what's available.
Please use pgp encryption: 8D0E 27A4 is my id.