[uClibc] Cross-compiling PHP

Mitch Davis mitch.davis at opennw.com
Tue Jun 14 02:14:06 UTC 2005

> El Domingo, 5 de Diciembre de 2004 22:11, Mitch Davis escribió:
>
> > I have been experimenting with running PHP 4.3.9 in a
> > uClibc environment.  To build it, I've been chrooting
> > into the uClibc image root, and compiling it there.
> > Compiling PHP natively in this environment means I have
> > to also build binutils_target, gcc_target, flex, bison
> > and make.
> >
> > Has anyone succeeded in *cross-compiling* PHP to run
> > under uClibc?

> From: Gustavo Guillermo Pérez [mailto:gustavo at compunauta.com]
> Subject: Re: [uClibc] Cross-compiling PHP
>
> I compile sucess PHP 4.3.11 but building php 5.0 I got error

I got it to work.  Please find attached my flex.mk and php.mk
files.  The php.mk file applies a patch, but you don't need it.
There are also some customizations in there that you don't need.

Note, this is against a version of buildroot from August last year.
I also split the flex makefile to have both flex and flex_target
targets.

Mitch.