[uClibc] Anyone using MIPS shared libraries?

Clark Williams williams at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 16:43:33 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 08:24 -0500, sjhill at realitydiluted.com wrote:
> > I built uClibc (0.9.27) for a MIPS 4kc (MIPS32) and am seeing a segfault
> > in ld-uClibc.so.
> >
> Please, do NOT use the released version 0.9.27 of uClibc for MIPS. Use
> the HEAD of the Subversion trunk. The loader for MIPS is rather broken
> for the released .27 version.
>
> > Just wondering how much love the MIPS dynamic loader has received in
> > recent days. Any thoughts would be welcome.
> >
> It gets plenty of TLC.

Wooo! /me jumps up, does happy dance! Looks around and makes sure no one
saw that...

Ahem. Many thanks! Using the current trunk I now have shared libraries
working and can go back to building stuff non-static.  I'd like to think
that I'd have looked at the trunk some time in the near future, but hey,
sometimes you just get into the "I'm gonna whack this bug if it's the
last thing I do mode", ya know? :).

Thanks again,
Clark

/me does quick happy dance again...