[uClibc] gcc-uClibc directory missing in uClibc0.9.27

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Mon Jul 4 07:39:15 UTC 2005

On Monday 04 July 2005 03:05 am, desai.sanket at gmail.com wrote:
> I am supposed to use uClibc-0.9.27 for my project.

if that's the case then it sounds like someone told you to do it which means
they can probably help you

> But my problem is I can't file
> executable for uClibc i.e. the executables using which I can compile my
> program. I could only find .so files for uClibc. I tried to google
> regarding this, and I came to know that, from uClibc-0.9.27 gcc-uClibc
> directory is removed.

that's because it was an ugly hack ... we force you to build a real toolchain
now

> So, how can I compile my program using uClibc. I have
> also tried to put give path of .so file of uClibc in linker directive, but
> if I do "ldd myprogram" it shows me that it still uses standard libc.

if you're not up to the task of building one by hand then you should use
buildroot to generate one for you
http://buildroot.uclibc.org/docs.html
-mike