[uClibc] Embedded/HandHeld Mini-Conference at Linux.conf.au 2005

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Sat Jan 29 06:08:41 UTC 2005

Hello everyone!

For those who don't know, Linux.conf.au (http://linux.conf.au) is
Australia's national Linux conference. This year it will be in Canberra,
Australia from Monday April 18 to Saturday April 23, 2005. During the
first 2 days of the conference "mini-conferences" in special interest
area's are run.

I am organising the Embedded/Handheld Linux mini-conference
(http://www.openembedded.org/miniconf/). This mini-conference will cover
a huge range of interesting topics including Open Embedded, Qtopia and
Linux on PDAs.

A lot has happened since the last time I posted about this
mini-conference. We now in the process of formalising a list of speakers
who will be attending and talks which will be given. I've included a
preliminary list below,

Embedded Linux, An outsiders View
	by Tim Ansell (Me)

An Idiots guide to setting up Open Embedded
	by Tim Ansell (Me)

Qtopia: the past, the present, and the future
	by Lorn Potter, Qtopia Community Liaison

Phone security - Qtopia 4 and beyond
	by Sarah Hollings, from Troll Tech's Embedded team

A short talk on Twin
	by Keith Packard

20 Embedded coding tricks I've learnt from programing for GBA
	by Chris McCormick, HyperCube

An overview of the concept of SDR and a intro to GnuRadio
	by Bdale Garbee

A talk with an unknown topic
	by Phil Blundell from Nexus Electronics Ltd

Have a look at http://www.openembedded.org/miniconf/talks.php for more
details.

We are still looking for more speakers, so if you are going to
Linux.conf.au 2005 and think you might be able to give a talk please
join the mailing list and send me an email with the information about
it. (See http://www.openembedded.org/miniconf/contact.php for more
information).

If you are interested in attending the mini-conference or just coming to
Linux.conf.au 2005 in general, then sign up now. Early bird discount
runs out tomorrow and it gives you a huge saving.

I am also investigating the possibility of doing live web streaming of
the conference and producing DVD's of the proceedings. This is so that
those who can't attend the conference can still benefit. If you have any
ideas on the best way to do this or have any spare resources to offer
please contact me.

>From now till the mini-conference starts there should also be weekly
updates of the website explaining new things that are happening.

Thanks for your time and hope to see you at both the main and mini
conferences.

Tim Ansell
Embedded/HandHeld Mini-Conference Organiser

PS I apologise to everyone who received this email multiple times.