[uClibc] OpenSSL and threads

Andrew May acmay at acmay.homeip.net
Thu Jan 27 07:43:50 UTC 2005

I have been using stunnel with my buildroot build of openssl.

I just noticed that stunnel could cause assert in the openssl code
because threads were disabled. (in the md_rand.c file)

I was able to remove the "no-threads" from the openssl.mk configure
step and everything still built fine and it did not seem to be any
larger than before.

Any ideas why the "no-threads" was there in the first place? Would it be
better to make it a config option or always turn them on?

I did post the patch for stunnel awhile ago, but I will try to update it
and add it to the tracker. Here is the older copy.

http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2004-October/010391.html