[uClibc] Newbie: dynamic linking questions

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at enix.org
Wed Jan 26 09:04:11 UTC 2005

Hello,

busybox at gingermail.net a écrit :

> If I make busybox with a static linked library all works fine as
> expected and I can boot from my new filesystem.  Changing the busybox
> config to a dynamic linked library configuration, I start to get
> problems.  This is where my knowledge takes a nose dive.  From what I
> can google, I need to compile busybox against uclibc libs as right now
> it's being compiled against the glibc lib.  Now I think that uclibc
> should create a gcc wrapper for me to cross compile against somewhere
> under /usr/i386-linux-uclibc.  No such luck.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get it do this?  Am I missing something
> fundermental?
>
> Also is there a way to just compile against another /lib?

AFAIK, gcc wrappers to compile against uClibc are not maintained
anymore, see http://www.uclibc.org/FAQ.html#wrapper

You have to use a full cross-compilation toolchain built to generate
uClibc-linked binaries, even if you're not compiling for an other
architecture.

Thomas
PETAZZONI Thomas - thomas.petazzoni at enix.org
http://thomas.enix.org - Jabber: thomas.petazzoni at jabber.dk
http://kos.enix.org, http://sos.enix.org
Fingerprint : 0BE1 4CF3 CEA4 AC9D CC6E  1624 F653 CB30 98D3 F7A7