[uClibc] Re: patches for uClibc++

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Tue Jan 25 19:38:19 UTC 2005

> After applying your patches, the shared binary increased in size by about 30k
> on my machine.  Was that on purpose or did I miss something?

have you set IMPORT_LIBSUP or not? (if not imported, than the binary has
to be bigger)
have you added the zdefs patch too? (i have no idea though if that can
influence the result)

I have checked my packages, the gentoo tbz2 of 0.1.9 is smaller than 0.1.8
I have to check some bins.
groff is 7.2 MB w/ IMPORT_LIBSUP=n and 6.3 MB w/ IMPORT_LIBSUP=y (the
whole package w/ man-pages and so on)

> Second, in the src/Makefile, you have rm -f new_op*.o del_op*.o pure.o inside
> an ifeq.  Could not that section be stripped down to:
>
> $(AR) x $(shell $(CXX) -print-file-name=libsupc++.a)
>         rm -f new_op*.o del_op*.o pure.o
>         mv *.o libsupc/
> ifneq ($(IMPORT_LIBSUP),y)
>  rm -f libsupc/*
> endif
> SUPOBJS = $(wildcard libsupc/*.o)

I am not sure, how this will react, if libsupc/ is empty, if it does not
fail, it's ok w/ me.

> Just a styalistic question, I suppose.

Peter