[uClibc] Thoughts on buildroot targets

Pablo Ruiz Garcia pruiz at netway.org
Tue Jan 25 01:39:33 UTC 2005

>On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 04:50:14PM -0700, Erik Andersen wrote:
>> Would implementing such a structure make people happy?  Or should
>> I just keep things simple and let people use i.e. openembedded
>> when they want something more complex?  Thoughts anyone?
>>
>This looks quite a lot like what uClinux already does. It's shown to be
>a fairly reliable and flexible approach, so it's probably worth it for
>that reason alone. On the other hand, this seems dangerously close to
>reinventing the wheel..

Well, what I dont like of uClinux is the fact that all source code of the distribution is inside the file tree (and also inside the
CVS).. While buildroot has just what i need, makefiles, .mk's and patches.. much lightweight.

I think that a "per target" configuration (and maybe patchsets) files would be a great feature.

PD: Just my two cents..
--
Pablo Ruiz Garcia (Pci)
Security Consultancy - Tiger Team