[uClibc] Compiling toolchain using buildroot

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Tue Jan 4 14:10:16 UTC 2005

Hello,

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 01:39:11PM +0100, Mohammed Amine SAYA wrote:
> Hi Tao, Thomas, all,
> I am trying to build a gcc-2.95 uclibc toolchain with elf2flt for uClinux.
> I already sent an email asking for help but nobody answered. So I read a
> little bit the mailling list
> archive where they suggested  to use buildroot instead of toolchain and
> I am facing the same problem as Tao did :
>
> Applying toolchain/gcc/2.95/STLport-4.5.3.patch using plaintext:
> patching file Makefile
> can't find file to patch at input line 52
> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |diff -urN STLport-4.5.3/src/dll_main.cpp
> STLport-4.5.3-devel/src/dll_main.cpp
> |--- STLport-4.5.3/src/dll_main.cpp     Sat Feb  2 16:11:56 2002
> |+++ STLport-4.5.3-devel/src/dll_main.cpp       Tue Jan  7 15:28:08 2003
> --------------------------
> File to patch:
>

> I think that the problem comes from gcc-uclibc-2.95.mk that doesn't
> expand or even download STLport-4.5.3.tar.gz, hence the patch doesn't
> find any src/dll_main.cpp.
>
> Toolchain (not buildroot) gcc-2.95 script uses the same STLport patch
> and got the STLport patching right because it downloaded and expanded
> STLport-4.5.3.tar.gz correctly.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> But I am still stuck with my gcc-2.95 toolchain elf2flt problem, any
> proposal is welcome.
> I need to stick with gcc-2.95 for compliance issues so upgrading to 3.X
> isn't  a solution for me.

For uClinux toolchains using elf2flt, you're probably best off looking
on the uClinux or uCdot sites.  I don't think Erik has touched uClinux
in quite some time (years), and I've never done anything with it at
all.  I've done almost all the toolchain maintenance for the past year,
and I've never even looked at elf2flt.

Manuel