[uClibc] pthread

Wojciech Kromer krom at dgt-lab.com.pl
Fri Feb 25 13:04:25 UTC 2005

>Works fine here(ex1 to ex7) on a custom 862 board with todays buildroot.
>Note I first tried with an older buildroot snapshot and that didn't
>boot(getty failed for some reason).
>
> Jocke

yesterday snapshot works fine, thx for your opinion

by the way:
yes there are some tricks with getty, my sollution is for "sh should do
the  job control"
 -build kernel with defvs, but without mounting it automaticly
 -add console=/dev/ttyS0,115200 to kernel params (this is not really
important to this issue)
 -create /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/console manually (nothing else is needed)
 -start getty on ttyS0 in inittab
 -mount devfs within inittab (or another init script)
 -make symlink /dev/tts/0 ->/dev/ttyS0 to get back ttyS0 in same place

another (probably well hnown issue) is that my statically linked program
grow his binary:
- from early 3.x.x  gcc ~3MB
- to latest gcc ~5MB