buildroot gdb & eclipse

Paul Blacquiere p_blacquiere at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 11 17:39:34 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am trying to use eclipse with the buildroot toolchain.

Compilation etc work perfectly, however when trying to setup a gdb
connection to the gdbserver on the target I get a "Error creating session:
interpreter mi unrecognized" error.  This I assume is because gdb is build
without mi support.  In an attempt to fix this, I tried building the
toolchain with the extra gcc options of --enable-gdbmi set within menuconf.

I suspect this was a hopeful option on my behalf.

If you have some experience doing this, either using eclipse, or adding
additional build options for gdb I would love to hear them.

Thanks

PaulB.