uClibc++ version 0.1.12 released

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Dec 12 09:52:49 UTC 2005

On Saturday 10 December 2005 19:05, Garrett Kajmowicz wrote:
> Future work includes expanding the test suite.  Rob Landley has suggested
> off-list that the library be split into multiple libraries which are
> wrapped by a main library.  This would split out core support, STL
> expansions, iostream code and the code which is "borrowed" at compile time
> from GCC support libraries.  This will make the overall library combination
> larger, but overall more accessible to developers looking to contribute.
> Any thoughts?

I was just suggesting that as a build option.  For actual deployment, you want
the one big library version, but for development you want to see what the
chunks are.  (Especially trying to shrink it, you want to be able to
categorize.)

Just knowing that there _are_ categories is a good thing.  This bit is
iostream code, this bit is required by gcc's exception handling code, this
bit is common template instantiations (to make programs linked against this
smaller at the expense of making the library larger)...

Just documentating things might be as good as the split.  Or perhaps
reorganizing the build so that it produces several large .o or .a files with
the chunks before assembling the one final .so from them...

Rob