basic Buildroot from scratch tutorial found

Rory Vieira rory.vieira at coolview.nl
Fri Dec 2 15:16:50 UTC 2005

David,

For the 90% of listers that are relatively fluent in busybox /uclibc, ignore
this email, this is for the small percentage like me who joined this list
because they lack understanding of busybox.

I'm still a relative newbie on busybox but have been working in my spare
time to pull myself up the learning curve.  I stumbled across some pretty
good reference material by accident this morning that has greatly helped me
understand busybox and uclibc.  Thought I would share:

http://free-electrons.com/articles/elfs/en  A tutorial on a quick embedded
system buildup using buildroot.

http://free-electrons.com/articles/optimizations/en A longer more general
embedded linux presentation.

Anyway, it helped me so maybe someone else on the list can benefit.