svn commit: trunk/uClibc/libc/string/generic

Rob uclibc at paypc.com
Fri Dec 2 14:44:45 UTC 2005

Quoting "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill at realitydiluted.com>:

> Fine, I will revert the __mempcpy change this evening and send patches
> upstream for coreutils and others.

While I was the one who posted this bug (recently anyway), I think removing
such silly __function calls from an application-level library is the right
thing to do.  I thought such function label conventions were meant for purely
"internal"/private calls, and not to be exported to application level space.

The problem isn't the regex library code maintainer's choice, it was the
coreutils' authors for not removing that bit of LIBC-"glue" which was no
longer appropriate since it's being built as a customised application library
for some command line tools.

=R=