[gmail] NFS and Buildroot ...again.

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 07:54:56 UTC 2005

> - As root - copy build_arm_nofpu/root/* to my NFS export
> - As root - manually go and add all of the appropriate device nodes.

no. buildroot uses fakeroot to setup a system and archive it. It should
be enough to sudo tar xf rootfs.tar on your NFS export. The correct
perms (using the fakeroot.env) are used in the archive; see man
fakeroot.

You only need to be root to create the device nodes, hence the sudo.

--
  greetz, marc
I'm only judging on my experience with you, but I've never seen such