[uClibc] Crosstool patches

Hamish Guthrie hamish at prodigi.ch
Thu Aug 25 12:53:36 UTC 2005

Hi,

I saw there was a post and a patch in the bug tracker from shuhao_chang
and a follow up by sjhill a few months ago to incorporate a crosstool
glibc environment. I have searched but found no references in the
mailing list to this 'feature'.

Is there any likelihood of this facility ever being incorporated into
the mainline uClibc tree? I have a project where the tree with uClibc is
useful, but there is another aligned project where it is not possible to
use uClibc, as we have to incorporate 3rd party binaries which are
compiled against glibc, and politics cause the 3rd party not to be
really happy about doing a build against uClibc.

I went back to svn rev 10496 and Steve's patch applied cleanly, but of
course a huge amount has changed since then and although there is only 1
tiny chage required for the patch file to apply cleanly to the latest
svn rev, some of the newer stuff (fakeroot etc), are quite broken.

I have only recently started playing in the buildroot environment, and
it looks really neat. Is the incorporation of glibc against the grain of
the buildroot environment?

Hamish