[uClibc] [buildroot] rootfs creation problem

Surrel Thomas thomas.surrel at innova-card.com
Wed Aug 24 08:40:29 UTC 2005

Hi,

I hope i'm not off topic with this question, but i couldn't find
anything related to my problem on the lists.
I'm using the latest buildroot snapshot with uClibc 0.9.28. When i first
create a root file system (jffs2 or cramfs), i have no problem and
everything is working fine on the mips target. Then, if i add some
directories & files to the root file system, i got (after a few times
where everything is allright and the files appear nicely on the target
file system) some errors when creating the rootfs : mkcramfs or
mkfs.jffs2 are geting confused with the files and directories i added. I
tried to look into the code and it seems that when creating entries,
they don't analyse properly whether files are files or directories, so
when adding them to the rootfs file, there are errors such as "can't
open directory" since its a file, or vice versa (did anybody get lost ?
;-) ).

It also appeared that if i remove and then copy from scratch all the
files i want to add, it works fine again. But this is something i don't
want to ahve to do each time i modify the root file system.

Any idea on how to fix that, or even just a hint to understand what is
happening would be great, because i'm a bit lost here !

Thanks in advance

Thomas

this e-mail from your system.
Innova Card will not therefore be liable for the message if modified.