[uClibc] gcc with uclibc

Steven Geerts Steven.geerts at thomson.net
Wed Aug 17 13:09:38 UTC 2005

Hi

maybe this isn't for this mailinglist, but it's still concerning about
uclibc.

The past days I've been trying to compile gcc with uclibc according to
what is described on HLFS
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs/view/unstable/uclibc/ but for arm
architecture.

It's not yet perfect, but I compiled everything.  Now I still get one
error with the uClibc, complaining that crt0.o can not be found while
linking ("/tools/lib/gcc/arm-elf/3.4.4/../../../../arm-elf/bin/ld:
crt0.o: No such file: No such file or directory").  I have this file
in /tools/lib but it can not find it, unless I copy it to the directory
from where the program is being compiled.

Does anybody have any clue on how to solve this?

Maybe one more question: how can I now that a program is indeed compiled
with the clibc libraries????

tnx

Steven Geerts
Thomson Silicon Components