[uClibc] Faking glibc 2.x?

Patrick Noffke Patrick.Noffke at adpro.com.au
Tue Aug 16 05:20:01 UTC 2005

I'm trying to compile one of the samples for the Intel Performance Primitives library (provides video, audio, crypto, ... functionality).  Their library ships with a bunch of shared libraries that I'm assuming were linked against glibc.

When I try to link, I get a bunch of errors like:

/opt/intel/ipp41_eval/ia32_itanium/sharedlib/linux32/libguide.so: undefined reference to `getenv at GLIBC_2.0'

>From their docs, it appears libguide.so is used to load additional shared libraries optimized for the processor (e.g. Pentium-M, Pentium 4, etc.) on which the application is running.

Because I don't have the source for the Intel library, is there any way I can force it to link against the uClibc library?

If it's not possible, could someone please outline the steps I'd have to take to use glibc instead of uclibc in buildroot?

Regards,
Patrick