[uClibc] Preliminary uClibc NPTL support checked in to branch...

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Wed Aug 10 06:41:32 UTC 2005

Quoting Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org>:

> ive only been keeping idle track of it, but does the arm toolchain even
> support TLS yet ?  last i heard, details of implementation were still being
> ironed out ...

It's been discussed on linux-arm-kernel very recently. Look at the thread
starting there:
http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2005-July/030555.html

In substance, it says: there is yet no port of NPTL for ARM, although the kernel
has all the bits already for it. There is something functional at CodeSourcery.

Regarding CodeSourcery, I looked at their place and found that:
http://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains/arm/
Which tends to say that both TLS _and_ NPTL are supported in their toolchains,
and
that they will (try to) push their modif' into mainline.

Regards,
Yann.

PS. Sorry Myke for the personal reply, bad reply button in webmail... :-/

--
Yann E. MORIN
Roaming in the world...