[uClibc] Preliminary uClibc NPTL support checked in to branch...

sjhill at realitydiluted.com sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Tue Aug 9 17:25:44 UTC 2005

> >I am very pleased that all of the changes made do not break the old
> >linuxthreads model and are, IMHO, clean and unobtrusive.
>
> Can you explain how both will work, in terms of compiling or linking
> applications?

Certainly. When building uClibc and your toolchain, you simply select
whether or not you want NPTL support. Your toolchain must be built for
one thread model or the other. You cannot build both models at the
same time. Unless you are using really advanced threading features,
you should only have to rebuild/relink your application.

-Steve