[uClibc] buildroot gcc-4 proposed changes

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Thu Apr 28 14:58:48 UTC 2005

Hi Peter,

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 04:48:09PM +0200, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> Hello Manuel!
>
> > Since I've finally started working on the libm rewrite again and plan
> > to completely rip out the existing libm soon, I'm not even looking at
> > those patches.
>
> May I ask what soon means (only approximately if at all possible), and if
> you consider to provide it LGPL licensed or some other?

Soon means by end of May.  Since I'm hoping to raise contributions
for hospice with it, I do not plan for it to be LGPL initially.
Once a (currently unspecified) target is reached, then I'd LGPL it.
Until then, it would be free for noncommercial use by all and for
commercial use by a few (individuals/companies that had contributed
to uClibc development in some meaningful way).

Manuel