[uClibc] nios/nios ii w buildroot

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 14:02:37 UTC 2005

We have integrated uclibc successfully in a number of network enabled
devices with hardware accelleration in FPGA (Altera).

The systems we are using are MPC8245 based and for a couple of
platforms, the processor is overkill.

We are thinking to integrate the functionality that is now running on
the powerpc into a nios ii core running uClinux (to keep the code base
the same and for application complexity).

Does anyone already have some experience with this (in combination with
buildroot). I already started basic integration of the new functionality
of selecting nios/nios2 in buildroot, but since it seems that I will
need to patch more [1] than just a couple of Config.in I thought I'd
check with the community before re-inventing the wheel and only
realising this when submitting a patch.

In any case, it looks to me that the code should be 'out there', but the
information is rather scattered?

[1] cf. /bin/sh
/home/firmware/mleeman/buildroot-nios/buildroot/toolchain_build_nios2/binutils-2.15.94.0.2.2/bfd/../config.sub
nios2-linux-uclibc failed

--
  greetz, marc
That's a long way down. Either that or they have deep shag carpets.