[uClibc] CVS Building for uClibc

Gustavo Guillermo Pérez gustavo at compunauta.com
Sat Apr 9 00:54:54 UTC 2005

Hello everyone, here my updated instructions on how to build kaffe on uClibc
1) download jikes, jikes.sourceforge.net
unpack on a normal GLIBC environment to make a static binary.

./configure
make
cd src
g++ -static -g -O2 -o jikes *.o

copy jikes onto your uclibc environment like: /usr/local/bin

apply this attached patch:

kaffe_cvs_20050408_UCLIBC-madgus.patch

configure with this example:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/kaffe/ --with-gc=kaffe-gc
--without-kaffe-x-awt --without-kaffe-qt-awt --without-cla
sspath-gtk-awt --with-staticlib --with-gc=kaffe-gc
--with-threads=unix-pthreads --with-staticbin --with-jikes=/usr/
local/bin/jikes

enforcing the position of jikes.
This time, this patch does not require to touch nothing cause I use the
preprocessor variable defined by uClibc called __UCLIBC__

kaffe & uClibc rocks.

--
Gustavo Guillermo Pérez
Compunauta uLinux